Cutex Mermaid Obsession Collection - Bubble Guppies, Sirens Whisper and Water Nymph Swatches

Hi everyone! I saw this collection a looong time ago at the local department store and I finally bought all three of them. (Yes, I went nuts and spent my food budget on nail polish). This trio can be considered dupes of Deborah Lippmann's The Mermaids. They're pretty expensive compared to the other nail polish found here so I was a little hesitant to buy them. But, I just couldn't resist their gorgeousness.
(^^,)

CUTEX NAIL COLOR
MERMAID OBSESSION COLLECTION
Bubble Guppies 15 mL
Php 169 / US$ 3.78


Bubble Guppies is a light turquoise metallic polish filled with gold and blue micro glitters and the occasional larger blue glitters. This is the dupe for the famous Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream.
I used three coats for these swatches. Unfortunately, I had a hard time trying to get this polish to level out smoothly. As you can see above, there are plenty of lumps and bumps.

Here's a closer look at what I'm talking about. My nails look oily or something.... which is why I applied a matte top coat. It helped it look a little less oily but some of the lumps are still obvious. Ugh. This is my least favorite polish out of all three.
(>-<)


CUTEX NAIL COLOR
MERMAID OBSESSION COLLECTION
Sirens Whisper 15 mL
Php 169 / US$ 3.78


Sirens Whisper is a blush pink metallic polish filled with gold micro glitters and large pinkish purple glitters. This is the lighter version of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Kiss.
I also used three coats for these swatches and I didn't encounter any problems with the formula at all. Everything went on smoothly. Whew.

Upon closer look, the polish is still not as level as I like. Luckily, after applying a matte top coat, it transformed into this gorgeous matte pink polish that is understated and glamorous at the same time. Just, wow! I feel so dainty wearing something like this. lol.
(^-^)


CUTEX NAIL COLOR
MERMAID OBSESSION COLLECTION
Water Nymph 15 mL
Php 169 / US$ 3.78


Water Nymph is a light purple metallic polish chock-full of silver and gold micro glitters and large reddish purple glitters. It's pretty similar to Deborah Lippmann's Do The Mermaid. The only difference between them is that Water Nymph has a redder hue.
I used three coats for these swatches. Formula was okay, though I encountered a couple of bald spots while applying it. But it wasn't that obvious so I think it's fine.

Hmmm... I think I prefer this one matte as well. There's something about its finish that makes it look too sparkly for me. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. Haha.
(^_^)


All in all, Sirens Whisper is my favorite out of all three. I was pretty surprised by it and I don't think I have anything similar in my stash. What about you? Which one do you prefer? Let me know in the comments below. Hihi. Thank you all for dropping by today! Good bye and I'll see you again soon!
\(^o^)/

6 comments :

  1. Beautiful colors! Bubble guppies is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I own Deborah lippmann's Mermaid's Dream adn no joke before I read you post I took out the polish and stared at ur nails and the bottle for like a good few minutes! I was thinking "What the heck, it looks just like this!". I love the pink one, it's very pretty (and so much cheaper than the real thing)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! It's really similar. Maybe you can find this brand there. All of the labels say that they're all made in U.S.A. Hihi.
      (^^,)

      Delete
  3. These are some AWESOME dupes for the DLs! I would not have been able to tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel! lol. I was so excited when I first saw these.
      (^o^)

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love it when people leave comments on my posts! Please refrain from including links though, as the system will automatically classify it as spam. Anyway, I always comment back here and I always visit your blogs as well (as my way of saying thanks). Spread love, not hate~ Woohoo~
\(^o^)/