Hiiiiiii! Sorry I haven't been around for a while. My sister got sick then I got sick then my mom got sick and it's been crazy here lately. Thankfully, we're all back to normal now. Woohoo! Anyway, I didn't have time to paint my nails today so I decided to show you how I did my very own nail polish swatch book instead.
A reader once asked me how I keep track of all of my polishes. Well, all of us (my two sisters, my mother and me) used to browse through each nail polish box I have but after a disastrous event (I sort my stash by brand and they didn't put them back properly... *sobs*), I decided to make this swatch book and make all our lives easier. lol.
(1) SCISSORS - try to find the sharpest pair around. I had a hard time using my
ancient old pair of scissors. lol.
(2) TAPE - I used the transparent one (Scotch tape?) but in the widest size available because I wanted to fully cover the popsicle stick. I also used magic tape.
(3) NAIL WHEEL - you can buy this at your local nail art store (usually two for a dollar) though I recommend the rectangular ones more than these oval ones because they're easier to separate.
(4) NAIL POLISHES - ready your polishes. broom broom~
(5) GLUE - I used wood glue (stole it from my mom's cabinet, lol) but I think Elmer's will work too.
(6) POPSICLE STICKS - I bought purple ones and then cut them in half to save space.
(7) LABELS - I was too lazy to write so I typed and printed them instead. Hihi.
(8) FOLDER - I swiped some from my mom's supplies (with her permission, of course). Hehe. I cut them into two to make them look like thick bond papers.
(9) BINDER - I chose the widest one available because I know my swatchicles will need space. (^_~)
(1) Swatch your nail polishes on your nail wheels.
(2) I used the oval-shaped nail wheels so I had to cut out each nail out of the wheel itself. If you bought the rectangular ones, I think they can just be snapped off.
(3) Line up each nail carefully and make sure to remember what's what (don't lose track like I did). Hihi.
(4) Take half a popsicle stick and apply some glue on one-third of it.
(5) Place the nail and glue it to the popsicle stick.
(6) Wait for the glue to dry a little and then tape the label on the rest of the popsicle stick. Make sure to tape all around the stick to prepare for step 7.
(7) Use magic tape to tape the swatchicles to the folder. I arrange them by color (or hue) and if I ever want to rearrange some of them, I can simply take them off without damaging the sticks (which are protected by what I did in step 6).
(8) Punch holes through the side of the folders and put them inside the binder. And voila~ you have your very own nail polish swatch book.
As you can see, my swatch book is already full. Hihi. It currently has nine pages. First Page contains my yellows, nudes, browns and velvets. Second Page contains my pinks, glow in the darks and magnetics. Third Page contains my reds, color changers, and holos. Fourth Page contains my blues and multichromes.
Fifth Page contains my silvers, blacks and neons. Sixth Page contains my violets and sands. Seventh Page contains my greens, textures and mattes. Eighth Page is dedicated to glitter toppers and Ninth Page contains all of my 3D stuff like glitters and caviars. Hmmm... I think I've gone insane.. lol. What do you think?
Thank you all for dropping by and supporting my blog! I gotta go. Good bye for now and I'll see you again soon!